Wednesday, April 29, 2009

ITB and Shopping 13 April 2009

Met up with Dr. Ir. IGBN Makertiharta, the Head of Department of the Fakultas Teknik Kimia, ITB. He took me around the department and showed the various facilities that are available there. Quite impressed with what they have. I could see some kind of collaboration between my department and ITB soon. Bumped into some Malaysian students studying Pharmacy at ITB.

With Dr. Ir. IGBN Makertiharta (on the left)

Glass workshop
Bioprocessing pilot plant

With Professor Tjandra Setiadi, Professor of Bioprocess Technology

Research lab
ITB

Some Malaysian students at ITB


Had the whole afternoon to do some shopping. Bandung is well known for its numerous 'factory outlets'. I stayed at Hotel Royal Dargo which is within walking distance to ITB and some factory outlets. Went to a couple of these factory outlets, bought some shirts and then decided to check out Rumah Mode. Such a nice place but the clothes on sale are a bit pricier. I had a quick lunch there and took some photos.

Hotel Royal Dargo
One of many factory outlets in Bandung

Rumah Mode
Rumah Mode


Rumah Mode

Also went to Jalan Chihamplas. This road is full of shops selling clothes. I was there more for window shopping than buying since I had already bought my shirts. At around 5.30 pm, a huge thunderstorm broke out and the road suddenly turned into a raging river. Went back to my hotel when the weather cleared up. That night, had some nice Padang food for dinner.

One of the shops at Jalan Chihamplas


No comments:

Post a Comment