Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My First day in Jakarta 11 April 2009

My primary reason of coming to Indonesia was to visit Institut Teknologi Bandung, to see if I could form some sort of scientific collaboration with them such as in the area of bioprocessing. Bandung is about 3 hours away by train from Jakarta.

Got up at around 11 am and took an 'ojek' or motorcycle taxi to Gambir train station to buy a ticket to Bandung for Sunday. Filled in the booking form and bought my ticket. I chose 9.10 am Executive class Argo Gede to Bandung for 55,000 Rupiah. The train station is next to MONAS or Monumen Nasional so I decided to check out the place. It is a nice park and well laid-out. It even has trolley-cars to take people around the park. Grabbed something to eat and went back to Hotel Djody.



No comments:

Post a Comment